Monday, April 1, 2013

"He is not here, but has risen."

"And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, 'Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen.'"

 
He is risen! He is risen indeed! 
We had a wonderful Easter celebrating the empty tomb, and Christ's victory over death. We had a beautiful service at South City Church and a delicious brunch before the service. The sweet girl I mentor, Jasmine, spent the morning with us. Then we went to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, went for a long walk in Forest Park and came back for an hour long nap! It was a beautiful, and relaxing day.

That being said, this was our first holiday spent without family and I anticipated it feeling kind of lonely. However, as we spent the afternoon walking through Forest Park, my cup overflowed. We didn't feel the least bit lonely, and for the first time in almost three years, I looked at my husband and knew with every inch of me, this is my family. Sam is my family. My heart is full.

Until next time.

Love,
Sam, Katelyn & Ethel

Can you believe that exactly a week ago there was 12 inches of snow on the ground? And yesterday we hit 70 degrees and sunny! Crazy St. Louis weather!

 The sweet girl I mentor, Jasmine.

 Easter 2013

 After church we went to lunch with our St. Louis besties, Amber and Sean. We went back and forth about hosting a few people for lunch, but in the end decided what says "He is Risen" like the amazing cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory! 

 Then we spent our afternoon at Forest Park, strolling around in the beautiful weather!!! 


1 comment:

  1. Dear Katelyn and Sam,
    Didn't see your post until this morning (Friday)...this last week and a half have been somewhat of a blur! Your beautiful words brought tears to my eyes! As you know, we weren't able to attend Easter service this year because of Daisy's needs but I feel like I just celebrated Easter through your post! Katelyn, thank you for being you. I love you you both! (and of course Ethel!)
    Christ has risen, indeed!
    Love, Mom Haist

    ReplyDelete